Press "Enter" to skip to content

What is the purpose of falling water?

Fallingwater preserves Frank Lloyd Wright’s masterpiece, conserves the site for which it was designed, and interprets them and their history for present and future generations of the world community.

When was falling water built?

April 1936

What is the concept of falling water?

Fallingwater is a house built over a waterfall in southwest Pennsylvania, designed by the architect Frank Lloyd Wright. Constructed between 1936 and 1939, it was intended by Wright to redefine the relationship between man, architecture and nature.

What materials are used in falling water?

Fallingwater is a composition of varied materials—stone, concrete, steel, glass, and wood—each imbued with qualities that celebrated what Wright termed “organic architecture.” Like organic elements in nature, these materials have shown signs of deterioration over the past eighty years, due in large part to their …

How much is the Falling Water house worth?

Worth: $10 Million (estimated) Fallingwater is the name of a house built over a waterfall in southwest Pennsylvania. Frank Lloyd Wright, America’s most famous architect, designed the house for his clients, the Kaufmann family.

Is Fallingwater abandoned?

After its completion, Time called Fallingwater Wright’s “most beautiful job” and it is listed among Smithsonian’s “Life List of 28 Places to See Before You Die.” The house was designated a National Historic Landmark in 1966….

Fallingwater
Pennsylvania Historical Marker
Designated May 15, 1994

How was falling water built?

Wright designed Fallingwater to rise above the waterfall over which it is built. Local craftsmen quarried native sandstone and other materials from the property and completed the construction of the main house, guest house and service wing in 1939. The Kaufmann family—Edgar J.

Does anyone live in Falling Water House?

Fallingwater remained in the Kaufmann family’s possession from 1937 to 1963. Edgar Kaufmann Jr. inherited the home after his father’s death in 1955, and he later donated the home and its surrounding 1750 acres of land to a nonprofit trust called the Western Pennsylvania Conservancy.